You are searching about How Did Qatar Get The World Cup Bid, today we will share with you article about How Did Qatar Get The World Cup Bid was compiled and edited by our team from many sources on the internet. Hope this article on the topic How Did Qatar Get The World Cup Bid is useful to you.
Milan Macala, a CEO Wannabe?
I will start with a brief history of Milan Macala’s impact on football in our community from 1996 until now.
Macala, took Kuwait to win the Gulf Cup twice (1996, 1998). He then briefly coached the United Arab Emirates in 1997 before being recruited by the Saudi federation.
The former Czech was sacked by the Saudi football federation in October 2000 following their defeat to Japan in the Asian Nations Cup. He was finally hired by the Omani Football Association to be the head coach of the Omani national team. Let’s follow his journey to Oman and explain its pros and cons.
No one can deny the great and important role that Milan Macala has played over the years with our Omani national team. He has improved our skills and tactics and as a result, we reached the final of the Asia Cup in 2004 for the first time under his leadership. Although this may not seem like a big success but for us it was impressive. Since then, Oman have become a formidable team in the region if not in Asia as a whole and have climbed the FIFA rankings.
In 2004, we participated in the Gulf Cup, the most prestigious competition of the GCC countries, organized by Qatar. The teams in the cup were divided into 2 groups and Oman managed to achieve the best performance which saw them face the host country, Qatar, in the dream final of all Omanis,
But we lost even though we had a chance to win the trophy in the penalty shootout. However, the players and professionals were welcomed as champions and professionals when they arrived back home in Oman.
“I’ve given it my all and it’s time to move on.”
Yes, these were the words spoken by veteran soldier Macala. He then left to coach the UAE club Al Ain where he was always on fire to produce results and did not live up to the club’s expectations. He was finally released a short time later.
Macala is back! Yes, he came back to coach the Oman national team. Wait but he said that he has nothing to give the team since he has given everything he has!?
Well 10,000 rials/month house and car(s) would make a barren monkey the CEO of Microsoft.
Long story short, Macala took over again. His authority and teaching skills were evident, but not his methods; which I will discuss later in the article. We beat Pakistan 4-1 away and 5-0 at home. Then we beat the UAE 2-1 at home and in the final we lost to Jordan 0-3 away to qualify for the Asian Cup in 2006. Well 3 wins and one loss! it’s amazing. Well interest is not! With all due respect to the Pakistan national team, beating them 4-1 and 5-0 is not an impossible task and beating UAE 2-1 when we should, at least, win by a margin of three goals. Jordan’s 0-3 defeat, bearing in mind that we beat them 3-0 at home earlier in the first leg, surprised many, if not all! But 3-0! Anyone who has seen the game will tell you that the players are playing slowly with zero and Macala was dreaming. With this defeat, we qualified for the 2007 Asian Cup, but our standing in the group was second behind the UAE. This result will definitely affect our team’s placement in the Asian Cup.
Then we participated in the Asian Games in Doha, Qatar. Anyone who knows a little bit about football thought that Oman will compete with its secondary players or the youth team to show it well while at the same time not putting the reputation of the national team at risk because many other countries have joined their youth team. – riders and second teams. But that didn’t happen. Milan went to Doha and took part in the national team, except for a few players.
In the first match we beat Malaysia, in no uncertain terms, 3-1 although undoubtedly, Malaysia played well for most of the match. Then we lost to Iraq 2-0. What ? Oman lost to Iraq’s second team? Then we lost to China 2-1. The summary of the tournament was as follows: 2 defeats and 1 win and 3 red cards! (for Bader Al Maymani against Iraq and Fawzi Basheer and Ahmed Hadeed against China). Now tell me is that fun or what?
I have never talked about Macala, I just briefly explained some of the things we met in 2006 but here is the starting point, Macala as a person can be a very good coach, he is a father to all players but as a professional, maybe he is a monkey hoping to become the CEO of Microsoft.
“To Be a Monkey or Not to Be.”
Anyone who knows a thing or two about tactics will agree that the Macalas are lacking behind in this regard; they may be good at teaching but not technically. A casual observer can attest to this by seeing him use it instead and use his limited means. I’ve listed below a few, of the many, issues:
1. Khalifa Ayel is originally a midfielder but Milan insist on using him in the middle of defence, ignoring his natural position at his team, Qatar’s Al Sudd.
2. Bader Al Maymani is not an out-and-out player and is a great player (see his status in his club, Qatar’s Al Ahli), at times, but Milan are also insisting on joining him. and Emad on the attack.
3. Players who are not up to the task either physically or mentally should be removed from the team and no coach in the world relies on the same players for 4 years!! employees must change but the goal must be established. I personally believe that there are a few players at the moment who are useful and these are our captain Mohamed Rabia, Fawzi Basheer (and Sultan Al Tooqi being part of it), Hussain Modhafar and Imad Al Hosni. It’s not that I’m not against any of the players but some have definitely gone and been flying under the radar as of late.
4. I’m not sure if Milan bothers to search for new players and new skills. I personally don’t think they watch the indoor league otherwise why ignore players like top scorers and MVP of the season…etc. Where is Mohammed Ahmed Taqi? Why is Ibrahim Al Ghailani in the first eleven? How do we have one goalkeeper and if he is not available we go to the 40-year-old goalkeeper who Jordan scored a goal in the middle of the field, while falling on the same floor!!
5. His methods in the game can be described as immature. Whether the team is winning or losing the design will look the same! Well simple question, if we are playing a weak team, why not play with three strikers? and if we are playing with a strong team, why not play with one striker? Why does it always have to be the same? Some coaches have already understood Macala’s code and can read his OLD thoughts as easily as a layman! You don’t have to have a degree in rocket science to be convinced that Macala is not up to any tricks. They rely on the same players all the time in all events and in all competitions and if one player is injured or suspended then you will be in a celebration of funny and sad events led by our beloved coach.
As an example of the aforementioned point, with the UAE team, the Oman team was the one that had the power on the ball and would have won with at least three goals if Macala had read the game like a good coach. Why didn’t we play with three strikers?
I just remembered another example, in our match with KSA in 2003 Gulf Cup in Kuwait we took the lead through Emad (Imad) Al Hosni in the 61st minute. Any coach in the world would know that scoring a goal gives a player more motivation and energy but Milan thought otherwise. If you are wondering, yes we lost the match.
I’ve written a lot but I’m not sure if I’ve made my point clear. Well, my point is that Macala has nothing to add to our national team and that is why he needs to say goodbye as soon as possible, thank you. To that end, the team supports and supports Macala and not the other way around. Wait, is it your opinion or his that he made clear on leaving the UAE? Well let’s just say we all said it.
“The Utility Room, isn’t it?”
The Omani national team needs a few things to change:
1. A new coach who is a technical expert, no I’m not talking about Jose Mourinho. Well, you don’t have to be a technical expert but know a thing or two about tactics.
2. Experienced talent researchers who can bring and demonstrate new skills to the teacher instead of the current resurrecting ones! (Words: Suleiman Khamis)
3. A good and organized football organization, its members are elected by public vote. At this point we don’t need a fisherman, a farmer and a few businessmen who have never seen a football game until they are appointed as Oman’s team caretakers and future planners. No thanks. We need new blood, not 70-year-old Goose. We need people who know what football is and not people who think that players are just chasing the ball around without a goal.
4. We also need a reliable goalkeeper coach, physical therapists (as seen in our games when players lose their energy in the second half) and a good medical team.
5. The domestic league also needs to be taken care of and organized well but this is another matter that needs a separate chapter.
This is getting to be a big and big part so I decided to stop writing as I think I have made my point clear, with evidence.
So to sum up the story, Macala has nothing to offer, lacks the skill and knowledge of the mental game and thus needs to be shown the door before the Omani team shows the door in the upcoming Gulf Cup in Abu Dhabi, UAE. (starting on 17 Jan) in the same way as it was shown at the entrance to the Asian Games a few weeks ago.
So do you think monkeys can really be CEOs?
This article was published on SoccerBlaze.com
Video about How Did Qatar Get The World Cup Bid
You can see more content about How Did Qatar Get The World Cup Bid on our youtube channel: Click Here
Question about How Did Qatar Get The World Cup Bid
If you have any questions about How Did Qatar Get The World Cup Bid, please let us know, all your questions or suggestions will help us improve in the following articles!
The article How Did Qatar Get The World Cup Bid was compiled by me and my team from many sources. If you find the article How Did Qatar Get The World Cup Bid helpful to you, please support the team Like or Share!
Rate Articles How Did Qatar Get The World Cup Bid
Rate: 4-5 stars
Search keywords How Did Qatar Get The World Cup Bid
How Did Qatar Get The World Cup Bid
way How Did Qatar Get The World Cup Bid
tutorial How Did Qatar Get The World Cup Bid
How Did Qatar Get The World Cup Bid free
#Milan #Macala #CEO #Wannabe